Volunteer at FDLPL
We welcome adults and children who have completed the sixth grade (volunteers under age 18 must have parent/guardian permission)
- Applicants must agree to a background check.
- The number of volunteers accepted is based on need and supervisory time available.
How to volunteer: Print out the PDF form, also attached below, and drop it off or mail it to the library.
- Circulation: Shelve and organize materials, pull materials on hold, help with special projects
- Chapter 52 Bookstore: Customer assistance and shelving in the used book store
- Opportunity Center: Help job seekers with online applications and resumes
- Homebound delivery: Bring materials to persons who cannot visit the library (4 hours per month required)
- Idea Studio: Assist users of the makerspace and help with events
- Work off fines: $2 in fines waived for every 1 hour of volunteer work