Idea Studio Summer Residency Program
Idea Studio 2017 Summer Residency Program
- Two months (approximately June 19-August 19)
- Applications due April 14, 2017. Final selection announced by May 8, 2017
The Fond du Lac Public Library Idea Studio’s Summer Residency Program is open to makers, artists, musicians, technologists, artisans and inventors. The program invites an individual to create their work in the Idea Studio and help the public explore a creative pursuit through the resident’s office hours, workshops and exhibitions.
- Access to Idea Studio during library open hours (except when studio programs are underway)
- Limited storage for projects and materials
- Use of Idea Studio equipment (most requires training), including non-commercial demonstration kitchen, work tables, 3-D scanner, 3-D printers, sewing machines, serger, button maker, comb binder, Silhouette cutter, recording studio and Carvey CNC cutter.
- Option to exhibit work in Idea Studio and/or lower level of the library
- Option to exhibit work in Langdon Divers Community Gallery October 4-31, 2017
- Option to initiate and/or collaborate on Idea Studio Community Art Project
- Full ownership of all work(s) created during residency program
- $750 stipend
- Up to $500 reimbursed for supplies
- 2 or more hours per week “office hours:” work time in Idea Studio when it’s open to the public
- 2 public hands-on workshops during the residency (approx. June 19-August 19, 2017)
- Creative output (project, piece, etc.) available for public viewing/access
- Cooperation with library/Idea Studio for marketing (interviews, photo, video, etc.)
Who is eligible:
- Anyone over the age of 18 who is able to fulfill the requirements of contribution (above)
- Professionals and amateurs eligible
- Not eligible: Employees of FDLPL and members of their households, and members of the Fond du Lac Public Library Board of Directors
- A jury convened by library management will choose finalists, who will be interviewed by a library panel.
- The panel will make their decision based on proposed idea, experience/skill and potential for patron engagement.