Author event guidelines and application
The Fond du Lac Public Library’s Chapter 52 Bookstore, 52 Sheboygan St., allows local/regional authors to hold sales and signings/meet-the-author visits at the store with the following guidelines:
The library/bookstore will:
- Schedule author events with a 60-day lead time minimum.
- Schedule author events on a first-come, first-served basis, during regular Chapter 52 hours (Mon-Tue-Wed 2-6 pm; Saturdays 9 am-1 pm). Author events are allowed on one day only.
- Allow one author event per year for each individual author, regardless of publication schedule.
- Provide a table and two chairs in the bookstore.
- Promote the event through methods that may include:
- Listing in online Calendar
- Inclusion in calendar handouts and email
- Press release
- Signage; 15 event posters will be made available to the author, free, upon request (pickup at the library’s Main Desk).
Additionally, authors should be aware:
- Authors must handle all aspects of the sale of their books (the library/bookstore takes no cut or percentage). This includes making change, issuing receipts, running credit cards, etc. The bookstore will not provide any transaction services regarding the sale of the books.
- Even with promotion of the author event through standard library channels, these events typically find the most success when the authors themselves heavily promote their appearance through friends, family, neighbors, etc.
To initiate an author event at Chapter 52 Bookstore, submit the form below at least 60 days in advance of your preferred event date.