- My account
Idea Studio plans for events, limited reopening in September
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
The Idea Studio at the Fond du Lac Public Library will reopen following Labor Day, and has several events planned for the month of September.
Starting Tuesday, September 8, patrons of the library will be able to use the Idea Studio in two ways:
- Online project setup/consultation and pickup: For 3D printing, sublimation printing of masks and mugs, and button-making, patrons now can schedule an online setup session with Idea Studio staff. They then can pick up and pay (if applicable) for that project when their project is ready. Previous training to use this service is not required.
- Limited in-person appointments: For recording studio, laser cutter, Carvey CNC and printmaking press, patrons can reserve equipment (using the online scheduling platform Skedda) for which they have been trained (badge required). Bookings must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Same-day/walk-in reservations will not be accepted at this time. Some equipment use will be limited (for example, the recording studio station will be set up primarily for editing only (not enclosed, no microphones, bring your own headphones/earbuds).
Crossover between these types of use will not be allowed at this time. For example, 3D printers are not available for in-person use at this time.
Meanwhile, the Idea Studio has several programs planned for September:
- Idea Studio Happy Hour, Thursday, September 10 at 7 p.m. on Zoom: Catch up with your fellow makers and Idea Studio staff, share your projects, ideas and resources, and help guide the next phases of Idea Studio reopening. Held the second Thursday of each month.
- Silhouette Cameo Showcase - Scrapbook Edition, Monday, September 14 at 4:30 p.m. on Zoom: Learn about the ways a Silhouette Cameo vinyl/paper cutter (soon to be available for checkout/home use) can be used in scrapbooking. Registration required at fdlpl.org, click “Calendar.”
- Design a Clock Face, Tuesday, September 22 at 4:30 p.m. on Zoom: Learn how to create projects for the Carvey CNC router by making a 2-color clock face design using online software. Completed designs will be cut by Idea Studio staff and can be combined with an inexpensive clock movement. Registration required at fdlpl.org, click “Calendar.”
- September Saturday Maker Marathons: Each Saturday at 1 p.m., the Idea Studio will premier recorded workshops from its summer makers-in-residence on Facebook at facebook.com/ideastudioFDLPL
- September 5: Stacey Burkhart, May Maker-in-Residence: Basic Textile Collage, Introduction to Creative Pattern Making, Going 3-D with Fabric, Introduction to Memorial Work with Textiles
- September 12: Lora Vahlsing, June Maker-in-Residence: Contemplative Photography Presentation, Contemplative Photography Demonstration
- September 19: Stephanie Leisering, July Maker-in-Residence: Portrait Collages, Junk Journals, Altered Book/Art Journal
- September 26: Michaela Null, August Maker-in-Residence: How To Be A Dabbler-Maker, Dabble in Zines, The Spirit of Dabbling, Dabble on Your Phone
For more information about the Idea Studio, its limited reopening or upcoming programs, visit fdlpl.org/ideastudio.