- My account
- Winter Reading Program
FDLPL will go curbside-only on weekdays starting Monday, Nov. 16
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Due to the high levels of COVID cases throughout the county and beyond, beginning Monday, Nov. 16 the Fond du Lac Public Library will continue to be open as usual on weekends and will be open for curbside pickup of materials during the week. This move will be made for the safety of patrons and staff of Fond du Lac Public Library.
All materials available at the main library continue to be available. To pick up a book, DVD or other material, patrons will be asked to place the item(s) on hold via fdlpl.org, or call the main library at 920-929-7080.
Patrons will be notified when their holds are available. Users can enter the building on weekends or pickup materials via curbside on Portland Street during the week.
Curbside service also is available for picking up printouts, Idea Studio projects, Kits of the Week, adult Take-N-Make kits and more.
Curbside pickup will be available during regular library hours: Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 4 p.m. Book drops for returning items on the southwest corner of the library will be available 24/7.
In-person use of the library will continue to be available on weekends for a limited number of patrons, though patrons are encouraged to use curbside-pickup whenever possible.
Computer services will move to an appointment-based system and will be available only on weekends. To utilize one of the public computers, call the reference desk at 920-322-3930 and ask to schedule a one-hour appointment for any of the public computers. Computers will be sanitized after each use for patrons’ safety.
Chapter 52, which was closed Monday, Nov. 9 due to staffing shortages, will remain closed until further notice.
FDLPL Express, meanwhile, will remain open at 1125 E. Johnson St. near Festival Foods. The hours are Monday through Friday from 2 to 6 p.m., Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Other details to be aware of when visiting the main library on weekends:
- A limited number of patrons will be allowed in the building at one time.
- There will be no loitering, no meetings.
- Face masks are required.
- Social distancing is required.
- A limited number of public internet computers are available to adults with a limit of one hour per day of internet time. Starting Nov. 16, these computers will be available on weekends only, and only by appointment. Most of the public computers will be for assistance-free use; four will be set up so that staff can provide contact-free help if needed. Staff will adhere to a rigorous cleaning schedule for all the computers.
- Curbside pickup continues on Portland Street during open hours.
- Library programming will be virtual through social media and virtual meeting platforms; the full schedule can be found at fdlpl.org, click Calendar.
- Langdon Divers Gallery will remain closed. Most meeting rooms will be closed.
- Library staff will wear masks and will follow a schedule of cleaning returned materials and public-use areas.
For more information on any of these locations, visit fdlpl.org.
For library information and news updates, visit fdlpl.org or the library’s Facebook page.