Kids can let their talents shine during Summer Reading @ FDLPL
Kids, what is your talent? Are you a great cook? Amazing artist? Incredible singer?
Or, maybe you’re great at noticing details?
As the Summer Reading Program gets rolling at the Fond du Lac Public Library, the library has activities perfect for whatever makes you special.
Throughout the month, Fond du Lac-area youth are invited to submit a video of them doing whatever they’re best at: dancing, singing, painting, etc. Videos may be submitted by an individual or group, must be no longer than 2 minutes, and need to be entered by June 30. Videos will be posted on the Fond du Lac Public Library's youth Facebook page (FDLPL Kids) and its YouTube channel. To submit a video or learn more, visit fdlpl.org.
Families also are invited to test their eagle eyes in FDLPL’s Downtown Scavenger Hunt. Throughout June, stroll along Main Street and see if you can spot all 14 ducks in the windows of businesses. Using an answer sheet available at FDLPL, write down the letters you see and unscramble the secret message. After you've figured it out, bring the answer sheet to the Main Library for a prize and to be entered into a drawing for a Downtown Fond du Lac Gift Certificate.
That’s not all FDLPL has planned for kids during June. Also scheduled for the first month of the Summer Reading Program are:
- June 16 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.: Scavenger Hunt at Lakeside Park — Visit the StoryWalk and find your favorite storybook characters for this drop-in event.
- June 17 at 10-11:30 a.m.: Meet American Pop Artist & Author Michael Albert — Preregistration required at FDLPL. Event will be held at Buttermilk Creek Park Shelter
- June 20-26: It's an Elephant and Piggie Kit — Best for kids ages 3 and up; register June 7 to June 13 at 4 p.m. at fdlpl.org. Registration limited to 30.
- June 20-26: Graphic Novel Kit — Best for kids 7 and up; register June 7 to June 13 at 4 p.m. at fdlpl.org. Registration limited to 30.
- June 27-July 2: Science Sunday Kit — Best for kids 4 & up with parental supervision; register June 14 to June 20 at 4 p.m. at fdlpl.org. Registration limited to 50.
- All month long: Chalk Obstacle Course — New courses each month. June obstacle course will be at Lakeside Park (near the StoryWalk).
- Every week: A new Kit of the Week is released each Sunday (with the exception of the first kit, which will be released Tuesday, June 1).