- My account
- Winter Reading Program
Idea Studio Donate
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
We appreciate donations of equipment or supplies to help us keep making as free and available as possible to the largest number of people. Please contact us if you have any questions about the donation process, or the suitability of items you wish to donate.
- Wood or plywood that is knot-free and un-warped, MDF, or acrylic. Pieces should be no larger than 8”x12” for use in the Carvey, or 12” x 20” for use in the laser cutter.
- Fabric that is clean and new. Scraps are fine as long as they are big enough to be of some use.
- Sewing thread or serger thread, or other sewing supplies
- Decorative papers like scrapbooking paper
- Large cardboard boxes
- Duct tape
- Popsicle sticks (not ones that have previously been used for popsicles, please!)
- Single-color packs of fuse beads (Perler beads)
- Jewelry-making findings
- 1.75mm PLA filament rolls for 3D printers
- 12” x 12” vinyl sticker sheets
- Heat-transfer vinyl sheets
- Blades or cut mats for the Silhouette Cameo
- Sublimation blanks
Random making supplies
We enjoy putting a selection of entirely random supplies into our maker-supplies cabinet to spark whimsy and creativity. Popular items in the past have included golf balls, vintage buttons, small plastic skeletons, plastic Easter eggs, tiny notebooks, and soda-can pull-tabs. Items need to be fairly small, and donated in quantities of at least a dozen or more.
We welcome equipment donations. Please contact us to discuss the suitability of equipment you may wish to donate. Equipment should be new or like-new, and in good working order. Items currently on our radar to add include:
- Embroidery machine and embroidery design creation software
- Heavy duty sewing machine, able to handle leather
- Leatherworking hand-tools
- Resin 3D printer
- 3D scanner that can handle small objects and fine detail
- Water-jet cutter
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Virtual reality equipment
- Silhouette Cameo 4 Plus