1,000 Books Before Kindergarten adds online option at FDLPL
Help your youngest children get their best start in life by participating in 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten at Fond du Lac Public Library. This popular program is getting a new look and a new way to join in the fun.
Families and caregivers now may participate in 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten through Fond du Lac Public Library’s new online portal, Beanstack. Through Beanstack, you can sign up for the program as well as log a child’s reading progress. Beanstack may be reached by visiting fdlpl.org.
Prefer to track reading with paper cards? Packets may be picked up in the Children’s Desk at the Main Library. Whether participating online or on paper, earn a prize for every 100 books read and celebrate along the way.
Already participating in 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten? No problem! Continue to bring your paper cards to the Children’s Desk after every 100 books read, where you will be transitioned to the updated paper cards now available. For more information, visit fdlpl.org or call the Children’s Desk at 920-322-3940.
This is just one of the programs being planned for youth and teens during May. Upcoming opportunities include:
Youth & family programming:
- National Kids to Parks Day: On Saturday, May 15 from 10 a.m. to noon, stop by the Lakeside Park Born Learning Trail and celebrate with an outdoor scavenger hunt! Bring your completed sheet back to the library by May 31 for a special prize! This program is a partnership with United Way Fond du Lac and Family Connections.
- Dial-A-Story: Want a storytime on demand? Call Dial-A-Story! With stories, chapter excerpts, jokes and more for a variety of ages, there’s lots to explore. Dial (920) 322-1959, follow the prompts, and choose which story you want to hear! Stories will change every two weeks.
- Book with a Snack: Teen Book Boxes: Sign up for this month’s edition of the subscription-style program; May’s theme is “Across Time.” Each box will include a book, a snack and fun trinkets. Registration begins Monday, May 3 at 9 a.m. and closes Sunday, May 9 at 4 p.m. Teen book boxes may be picked up between Monday, May 16 and Sunday, May 23.
- Discord: Looking for a way to connect with other teens (and maybe the library, too) in this socially distanced world? Join our Discord server. Visit fdlpl.org/teen to find a link to register for this teen-only forum.
- For the latest on teen happenings, check out the new FDLPL Teens instagram account @fondylibraryteens, or visit the FDLPL Teens page on Facebook.