Activities for teens & youth planned during November at FDLPL
November will be a great month to be a teenager (as well as younger folks) at the Fond du Lac Public Library. With programs ranging from playing role-playing games to creating pixel art and more, the library has something for everyone.
Love anime, but wish you could watch it with others? Visit the library for Anime Afternoon on Tuesday, Nov. 1. Starting at 4:30 p.m. in the Mid-States Room, come as you are (even in cosplay!) to watch a few episodes of anime and enjoy some snacks. No registration needed.
Want to create art? Teens may join Full STEAM Ahead on Tuesday, Nov. 15 at 4:30 p.m in the Mid-States Room to create pixel art. No registration needed.
Want to know more about participating in tabletop role-playing games? Stop by the Mid-States Room on Saturday, Nov. 19 for Ready, Set … Roleplay! Learn to build a character, review the general mechanics of gameplay, and get ready for any games that may come your way. No registration required.
Teens also may register for the Book with a Snack - Teen Book Bags. Receive a free, new book & more for pick-up at the library from Nov. 20 to 30. Teens 12-18 should register from Nov. 6 to 12 at calendar.fdlpl.org. The November theme is “Hidden Histories.”
Younger children (and their caregivers) have plenty of opportunities to pursue their interests during November as well. Upcoming events include:
- Wednesday, Nov. 2 at 1:30 p.m. in the McLane Room - Homeschool Meetup: Explore library resources, connect with homeschooling families, & chat with staff about how the library can help your family succeed. No registration required.
- Tuesday, Nov. 8 at 4:30 p.m. in the McLane Room - Crafty Kids: Join us as we bring back some of our favorite take-home kits. This month, we’ll be making shoelace straw bracelets. Children also will have an opportunity to read with therapy dogs as a part of the “Paws to R.E.A.D.” program. Recommended for ages 4+. No registration required.
- Monday, Nov. 21 at 4:30 p.m. in the Mid-States Room - STEAM Night: Join us for a new STEAM activity in this monthly program; this month, we create marble runs. Also enjoy a few regular activities and explore our Barden Teacher Collection Kits.
- Mondays, starting Nov. 21 from 9:30 to 11 a.m. in the McLane Room - Playtime at the Library: While storytimes take a break, drop in to enjoy playtime with friends (and library staff). Open to babies, toddlers & preschoolers.
- Tuesday, Nov. 29 at 4:30 p.m. in the Mid-States Room - Kindergarten Readiness: Help your preschooler get ready for kindergarten. Practice matching upper and lowercase letters, counting, sorting, sequencing, and more. No registration required.
- Wednesday, Nov. 30 at 9:30 am in the Storytime Room - Baby Sensory Play: Spend the morning exploring senses with relaxing stations of sensory play geared toward little ones. Best for ages 6 to 24 months.
- Registration closes Nov. 5 for the Native American Indian heritage month kit: Learn more about the original inhabitants of Wisconsin with this special kit. Recommended for ages 5+. Registration required; supplies are limited. Pick up your kit from Nov. 6 at 9 a.m. until Nov. 12 at 4 p.m.
Youth also are invited to stop by the Children’s Room starting Monday, Nov. 7 as we celebrate National StoryWalk Week with a special indoor StoryWalk with scavenger hunt. Help us Find Fergus and win a prize.