FDLPL seeking a volunteer Job Search Coach
The Fond du Lac Public Library is seeking a volunteer Job Search Coach to help job seekers affected by the pandemic to apply for jobs.
Purpose of the volunteer (unpaid) position will be to make a significant contribution to the local workforce in doing so.
The position will require a minimum of one hour per week for at least six months to provide continuity of service.
Key responsibilities of the position will be:
- Familiarize and assist job seekers with online resources for job searches.
- Assist job seekers in writing resumes and cover letters.
- Help job seekers identify local job skills training resources.
- Assist job seekers in using online job skills training resources.
- Provide encouragement and assistance to those recovering from job losses.
Qualified candidates must:
- Be 18 years of age and older
- Speak English well and have the ability to read and write English at 12th grade level. Spanish language ability is desirable but not necessary.
- Significant past experience using the internet for job searches.
- Familiarity with successful resume and cover letter writing strategies.
- Dependable and able to maintain a regular volunteer schedule and time records.
This position will report to Information and Outreach Services Coordinator Alana LaBeaf.
Training and support will be provided to offer an introduction to the library and its mission, and orientation to the library’s role in serving as a job search resource portal.
Staff is available to answer questions but the candidate should be highly self-sufficient. Online training covering the job search resources the library has access to, as well as community job resources.
For more information or to apply, contact LaBeaf by emailing email@example.com or calling 920-322-3933.