- My account
- Winter Reading Program
Gift-giving made easy by FDLPL’s Idea Studio
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
The elves at the Fond du Lac Public Library’s Idea Studio are gearing up to help patrons with their gift-giving plans.
Every Monday in November, the Idea Studio will release a new Gift-Maker Guide. The guides will go step-by-step, using both written and video tutorials, through the process of designing a customizable, giftable item that can be made on Idea Studio equipment. These videos will remain available to watch after release.
A limited number of slots will be available each week for patrons to sign up to send their completed project design files to the Idea Studio and have staff members run the project on the equipment for them, with no charge for materials.
The guides will be available for anyone to use for gift-making projects, however, beyond the limited number of sign-up slots.
Guides scheduled for November include:
- November 2 – Name Puzzle: Design a custom name puzzle in a font of your choice.
- November 9 – Sublimation Mug: Use the sublimation transfer process to put any text and/or image design onto a mug. Finished mug is ready-to-use and dishwasher-safe.
- November 16 – Dice Box: Delight the gamer on your list with a custom dice box with an engraved lid.
- November 23 – Laser-Etched Ornament: Laser-etch text and/or images onto a plywood ornament blank.
- November 30 – Napkin Rings: Design a set of custom napkin rings in a shape of your choice.
To register to have your design created by Idea Studio staff, register online at fdlpl.org and click on “Calendar” to find the appropriate event. To view one of the Gift-Maker Guides, visit fdlpl.org/ideastudio.
The Idea Studio continues to be open by appointment, with some equipment available for in-person use while other pieces of equipment may be utilized via online project setup/consultation and pickup.
For more information about the limited reopening of the Idea Studio, visit fdlpl.org/ideastudio.