- My account
July sizzlin’ with programs at Idea Studio
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Makers, doers and creative types are enjoying the extended summer hours at the Fond du Lac Public Library’s Idea Studio makerspace, where there’s equipment to use for free and lots of free programs for adults and teens age 13 and older.
The program lineup for July:
- Ukulele Club: 1 p.m. Saturday, July 7. Informal, fun get-together for uke players of all ages and skills to learn songs, practice and share. Players are encouraged to bring their own instruments. There will be a limited number of ukes available to borrow during the meeting. Free; no registration required.
- 3-D Portraits, 2-part class: 6 p.m. Mondays July 9 and July 16. Receive training on the 3-D scanner and 3-D printer, learn to use an iPad-attached Structure 3-D sensor, take a portrait scan then 3-D print the image. Register in pairs or get paired in class. Space strictly limited. Registration for both classes is required starting at 9:30 a.m. Monday, June 25, at fdlpl.org, click Calendar.
- Maker in residence office hours: 1-8 p.m. Wednesdays July 11 and July 25. Stephanie Harvey will be on hand in the Idea Studio to meet visitors while working on her art, which will include stenciling, relief printing, embroidery and watercolor painting. She’ll be in the studio again on August 8 and August 22. Just drop in; no registration required.
- Stencil Art Workshop: 5:30 p.m. Monday, July 23. Maker in Residence Stephanie Harvey brings street art to the library. Attendees will create a reusable stencil and use it to brighten up a local area in our community or even around the library. Registration starts at 9:30 a.m. Monday, July 9, at fdlpl.org, click Calendar.
- Girls’ Coding Camp: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, July 27. Girls in grades 6-12 will create their own Spotify-like playlist. Free; lunch provided. Registration is required and begins at 9:30 a.m. Friday, July 13, at fdlpl.org, click Calendar.
Idea Studio summer hours, June through August: Monday through Thursday, 1-8 p.m.; Friday 1-6 p.m.; every Saturdays, noon- 4 p.m. More information is available at www.fdlpl.org/ideastudio or by calling (920) 322-3946 during studio open hours.
In the photo: Prep work for stencil art.