Main Library partial reopening on June 3
The downtown Fond du Lac Public Library, 32 Sheboygan St., will reopen partially on Wednesday, June 3, under the following conditions:
- June 3 to June 30, downtown Main Library hours will be 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. July’s hours and services will be announced later in June.
- A limited number of patrons will be allowed in the building at one time. Visits will be limited to one hour for materials-selection only.
- There will be no access to public computers, no loitering, no meetings and no one-on-one library services (such as Book a Librarian).
- Social distancing is required; face masks strongly recommended.
- Curbside pickup continues and moves to Portland Street during open hours.
- Library programming will be virtual through social media and virtual meeting platforms; the full June schedule can be found at fdlpl.org, click Calendar.
- During June, the Idea Studio, FDLPL Express branch, Chapter 52 Bookstore and Langdon Divers Gallery will remain closed. Meeting rooms will be closed.
- Materials can be returned fine-free through June 30.
- Library staff will wear masks and will follow a rigorous schedule of cleaning returned materials and public-use areas.
- Summer Reading @ the Library will run June 1 to August 15. Online registration starts June 1 at fdlpl.org/summer2020. In-person registrations start June 3 when the Main Library reopens.
“We will monitor conditions in the community and the library closely,” said library Director Jon Mark Bolthouse. “If they permit, we will consider adding services as the summer progresses.”