Spooky, seasonal programs set for youth at FDLPL in October
Youth may visit the Fond du Lac Public Library in October for some spooky and seasonal activities to celebrate the season.
Fall Storytime will be held Friday, Oct. 8 at 9:30 a.m. in the Storytime Room as the library celebrates the season with stories, singing, and dancing. This event is best for youth ages 2 and older. Then, on Friday, Oct. 29 at 6:30 p.m., youth ages 4 and up may come by the Main Library after closing time for a special Spooky Stories After Dark. Youth services staff will share some (slightly) scary stories in the Children’s Room while kids create a haunted craft, and maybe get some treats, too. Costumes are encouraged.
Meanwhile, Miss Katie will be bringing her art lessons, which have been popular on Facebook, into the real world. On Monday, Oct. 11 at 4 p.m., she will hold Drawing Lessons with Katie as she teaches youth ages 5 and up how to draw some fun mythical creatures. She returns on Saturday, Oct. 23 at 2 p.m. for a Paint-Along, at which youth may try their hands at painting.
Registration is required for all of the storytime and art programs at calendar.fdlpl.org.
As FDLPL returns to in-person programming, masks will be required for all program participants over the age of 2.
Other programs planned for October include:
- All month: Scour downtown Fond du Lac for dragons in our Dragon Scavenger Hunt! Pick up a game sheet at the Main Library, then search downtown for hidden dragons; return completed game sheets to the library for a prize.
- Monday, Oct. 11 to Sunday, Oct. 24: Help the Fond du Lac Public Library as you Vote for Your Favorite Pumpkin. Library staff will display their creatively decorated pumpkins, and kids can vote for their favorite.
- Monday, Sept. 27 to Sunday, Oct. 3: Register for a Story to Go: Kids Book Bag. Choose a picture or chapter book for your child to take home in mid-October.
- Monday, Oct. 4 to Sunday, Oct. 10: Register for the popular Teen Book Boxes. Teens get a free book (and more) to take home in mid-October.
- Every Sunday: Stop by the Children’s Room for a free Kit of the Week. Kits switch weekly, and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.