- My account
Virtual programs for kids in June
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
- Interactive Windows: June 1-Aug. 15. Drop to check out the Children’s Room windows facing the south parking lot for fun activities, photo ops and more all summer long. There’ll be something new every week.
- Letters to Browser: Throughout June. Browser misses his friends! Send him a note or drawing, and he’ll write back. Drop letters off at a special mailbox near curbside pickup on Portland Street or email them to email@example.com no later than June 30. Make sure full name and return address are included.
- Storytimes Live at facebook.com/FDLPL
- 9:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays: Toddler, for ages 2 and under
- 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays: Preschool, for ages 3-5
- 1:30 p.m. Thursdays: Family, for all ages
- 9:30 a.m. Fridays: Spanish, for all ages
- Drawing Lessons with Katie: 9:30 a.m. Thursdays at facebook.com/FDLPL. Tune in and learn to draw something new and fun each week. No registration.
- Kids in the Kitchen: 1:30 p.m. Friday, June 5, at facebook.com/FDLPL. Learn how to make your own beautiful and delicious Dragon Eggs.
- Free Kit of the Week: Each Monday, kids can stop by the library to pick up an all-supplies-provided kit for that week’s activity (available at curbside pickup, too). Follow the how-to instruction videos at 1:30 p.m. each Monday at facebook.com/FDLPL. Kits are first-come, first-served; a limited number is available (one kit per child, please). Free.
- June 8: Grow a Garden
- June 15: Make a Unicorn
- June 22: Build an LED Flashlight
- June 29: Make a Fourth of July Wreath
- Special Performer – Wildlife in Your Backyard: 10 a.m. Monday, June 15. David Stokes (pictured at left) will get you up close and personal with critters you might find outside your door. Find the link to the program at fdlpl.org. You’ll need your library card number and PIN to access the video.
- Building Challenge: 1:30 p.m. Friday, June 19, at facebook.com/FDLPL. Tune in to discover the challenge theme, then put your engineering skills to the test with the supplies you have at home. Share your creations on Facebook.
- Scavenger Hunt at Lakeside Park: June 22-June 27. Visit Lakeside Park by the StoryWalk (near the intersection of Harbor View and Winnebago drives) for a search-and-find challenge all about colors, shapes and letters. Find challenge sheets at the start of the StoryWalk or go to fdlpl.org/scavengerlakeside to print your sheet at home. Turn in your completed challenge sheet at the library for a prize. Free.
- Special Performer – Magic of Laughter: 10 a.m. Monday, June 29, at facebook.com/FDLPL. Jeff McMullen is a clown’s clown! In or out of makeup, audiences of all ages are amused and amazed by his talent. He’s not your average silly clown. With a Master’s degree and 30-plus years of circus skills, Jeff creates hilarious family-friendly shows. No registration.