Youth, teens can get creative with art events at FDLPL
Feeling artsy? Youth and teens have several opportunities to get their creative juices flowing during December at the Fond du Lac Public Library.
Paint-Along for youth ages 5 and up returns Friday, Dec. 31 at 2 p.m. in the McLane Room as Miss Katie helps children find fun on the canvas. Space will be limited, and caregivers are asked to remain with children under the age of 8. Registration opens Dec. 17.
The library’s popular painting series is being expanded to include an event exclusively for teenagers. Teens can join the library for Canvas & Cookies on Monday, Dec. 27 at 3 p.m. in the McLane Room. Enjoy a sweet treat while soothingly paint your way to a masterpiece. Registration opens for this event on Dec. 13.
Prefer to draw? Kids age 5 and older can join Drawing Lessons with Katie on Monday, Dec. 13 at 4 p.m. in the McLane Room. Miss Katie will be teaching children, step by step, how to create some adorable arctic animals this month. Registration opens Monday, Nov. 29, and caregivers are asked to remain with children under the age of 8.
Other programs planned by the youth services department include:
- Family Lego Challenge: Are you the best LEGO builder around? On Tuesday, Dec. 28 at 3 p.m., bring your family and test your building skills with our LEGO challenge! Who can build the best LEGO maze? No registration required.
- Book with a Snack - Teen Book Boxes: Register between Dec. 6 to 12 for a free book and more! Books may be picked up from Dec. 19 to 31.
- Story on the Go - Kids Book Bags: Register between Dec. 6 to 12 for a free, gently used picture book or chapter book and more! Books may be picked up from Dec. 19 to 31.
- Board Game Nights: Teens will have two opportunities to compete in board game fun: Monday, Dec. 6 and Wednesday, Dec. 15, both at 5 p.m. in the Mid-States Room. Munch on snacks and see who wins. Registration required.
- Winter Gnome Scavenger Hunt: Visit the Children’s Room all month long to see if you can find some winter gnomes to win a prize!
- Virtual Gingerbread House Decorating Contest: Pick up a gingerbread house kit starting Sunday, Nov. 28 (kits often go fast). Then send us pictures of your creation to email@example.com. Feel free to supplement the kits, but do not use commercially created kits. Work alone or with your family to win a prize!
Masks are required for all in-person events. For events that require registration, visit calendar.fdlpl.org.