- My account
- Winter Reading Program
Downtown library, Express now open
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Fond du Lac Public Library now is open, including the main library at 32 Sheboygan St. and FDLPL Express at 1125 E. Johnson St., though with some restrictions.
Be aware: Fond du Lac Public Library continues to require the use of masks for patrons who wish to enter the of its locations. This is in line with mandates provided by the state of Wisconsin as well as library policy as recently updated by the Library Board.
The downtown Main Library’s partial reopening continues under the following conditions:
- A limited number of patrons will be allowed in the building at one time.
- There will be no loitering, no meetings.
- Face masks are required.
- Social distancing is required.
- A limited number of public internet computers are available to adults with a limit of one hour per day of internet time. Starting Nov. 16, these computers will be available on weekends only, and only by appointment. Most of the public computers will be for assistance-free use; four will be set up so that staff can provide contact-free help if needed. Staff will adhere to a rigorous cleaning schedule for all the computers.
- Curbside pickup continues on Portland Street during open hours.
- Library programming will be virtual through social media and virtual meeting platforms; the full schedule can be found at fdlpl.org, click Calendar.
- Langdon Divers Gallery will remain closed. Most meeting rooms will be closed.
- Library staff will wear masks and will follow a schedule of cleaning returned materials and public-use areas.
The main library downtown is open Monday through Friday from 9 am to 6 pm (curbside only weekdays starting Nov. 16), Saturday from 9 am to 4 pm and Sunday from noon to 4 pm (for in-person visits on weekends).
FDLPL Express continues to be open to in-person visits Monday through Friday from 2 to 6 pm, Saturday and Sunday from 11 to 3 pm.
Chapter 52 Bookstore is closed at this time.
Meanwhile, the Idea Studio continues to be open in a limited fashion.
For library information and news updates, visit fdlpl.org or the library’s Facebook page.